Can Reconditioned Fuel Injectors Be Trusted?
There are a lot of people who are weary of trying an item that has already been used but in this instance reconditioned injectors are essentially new injectors. Each injector goes through a rigorous cycle in order to be brought back to its original functionality.
Used to New: Injector Reconditioning Process
· Injectors are Ohm tested.
· Injector o-rings, filters, pintle caps and washers are removed and discarded.
· Exterior of injector is cleaned. Metal bodied injectors will have paint and rust removed.
· Injector is then submerged in solution in an ultrasonic cleaner to break up deposits within the injector.
· Injector is then reverse flushed to remove any additional debris loosened by the ultrasonic cleaner. (This and the previous step may be repeated several times.)
· Following cleaning, the injectors are tested at different pressures for leaks and spray pattern.
· Injectors are then grouped into matching sets which means they are flowing within 1-2% of each other. (The factory specifications allow a variance of 3-5% overall.)
· Injectors are given a light exterior clean.
· New parts are applied, i.e. filters, o-rings, washers, and pintle caps.
· Injectors are then packaged in sealed bags and shipped.